Michael G. Phillips
Mike Phillips has been practicing law for over 30 years as a general civil litigator, usually representing the interests of consumers, debtors and small businesses. The firm also probates estates and files bankruptcies for individuals and businesses. Phillips Law has been appointed class counsel for consumers in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) class actions filed against debt collectors.
● U.S. District of Minnesota
● State Court of Minnesota
Illinois (1983; inactive status)
● Northern District of Illinois
● State Court of Illinois
● Minnesota State Bar Association – Member of Consumer Law, Debtor/Creditor, Bankruptcy, Litigation and Probate Sections.
● Hennepin County Bar Association – Member of Lawyer Referral and Information Services Oversight Committee and Volunteer Lawyers Network.
● National Association of Consumer Advocates
Loyola University of Chicago (J.D., 1982)
University of Wisconsin – Madison (B.S., with distinction in Psychology, 1978)